Old School WisdomEat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports. ~Greg Glassman
- Download a Bear! tunnelbear.com Browse like you're in another country! @theTunnelBear http://t.co/9hrcKzZcGh 11 months ago
- The Liberated F... | Please participate in the Doodle poll: doodle.com/rksgtqxc3ead9s… 2 years ago
- Pretty cool barefoot running event happening this Thursday in Soho. Barefoot Runners NYC meetu.ps/8N8KW 3 years ago
- Pretty cool barefoot running event happening the Thursday in Soho. Barefoot Runners NYC meetu.ps/8N8KW 3 years ago
- I'll be at @chrisguillebeau's book tour in New York, NY on May 8th! 100startup.com #100startup 3 years ago
Old School Photos
July 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Sunday’s run downw Riverside. Beautiful. More Old School Fitness / PLAY happenings to come on Riverside for sure.
Testing this thing.
Sun, slow movement, rest, intense movement, real food, play, sleep.
Please know, Old School Fitness is based on the timeless principles of human health and fitness.
For millions of years, our ancestors lived in accordance with our evolution and enjoyed the optimal expression of their genes.
Art De Vany has been extolling the virtues of living in accordance with our primal nature for the last decade with his website.
Check out this news story on the man.
Speed Pull ups
2 rounds of:
15 Table Top Jumps
Post performance to comments.
4 rounds of:
Max Pull ups (Pronated Grip)
10 Table Top Jumps
Post highest repetitions of any single round for Pull ups and Dips.
The last of the snow! These guys stuck it out ALL winter in the park. That’s Old School.
Thanks for everyone for coming out this morning. Great energy having 6 hardworking dudes.
Speed Pull ups
5 rounds for time of:
20 Push ups
10 Knees to Elbows
Post rounds completed to comments.
For those who don’t know, original Old Schooler Garrett not only trains hard, he blows hard on the sax. Check out Garrett tearing it up the other weekend down in the Rockefeller Center subway.